Wednesday, November 20, 2013

From TV to Rescue to Ladies Night Out!

From TV to Rescue to Ladies Night Out 

 . . . a May day adventure  

 

Well if this day didn't prepare me for Miss NY I'm not sure what will.  I was up at the wonderful hour of 5:30am, managed to do hair and makeup half asleep and made my way to Manhattan without nodding off on the train (miracle). I arrived at the Smith Restaurant where Miss Greater Gotham, Katie Berry, Miss Brooklyn, Stephanie Accardo, myself and 2 special guests were invited to take part in the taping of a little TV show ;). Yes, that is all the info I can divulge as of now, but eventually I will fill you in on more details. Just know it was a memorable morning, spent with old friends (and new friends). Following the taping I headed to midtown to finish out my work day at MTV. 

Miss Greater Gotham, Katie Berry, Miss Brooklyn, Stephanie Accardo & myself AKA the Nugget Squad!


After work I jumped on the train and headed back to Brooklyn to St. Francis College for the Brooklyn Film Festival where I met up with my beautiful friend Miss Staten Island 2013, Amanda Alicea. There we caught up with our fierce-fab trainer and friend Ellen Stein to support the premiere of RESCUE BROOKLYN! "RESCUE! BROOKLYN is a documentary film about SEAN CASEY ANIMAL RESCUE and their integral connection with the Borough of Brooklyn and New York City as a whole. Sean's "community first" approach toward how he runs his shelter and how he interacts within the neighborhoods of Brooklyn and the New York City area, are what make SCAR not only unique, but also the success that it is. Success is measured by impact and not dollars, and SCAR is very successful. While Sean is well known in the New York area, what he is doing should be the model for No Kill shelters all over the country. I hope this documentary will inspire others to take up the fight and do what Sean is doing in their own communities.  It is the brainchild of Brooklyn based filmmaker Charlie Spickler, who is not just a filmmaker, but a pet owner who has adopted from Sean Casey." 

Sean's compassion for every living creature is one to be admired. Take a moment and get a glimpse into the wonderful work he does for the community.



At Rescue Brooklyn with Sean Casey, the always fierce Ellen Stein and my beautiful friend Miss Staten Island, Amanda Alicea

At the end of the documentary I scurried out of St. Francis and headed to Bay Ridge Brooklyn for my last stop of the day, Ladies Night Out, hosted by a dear family friend Pat Bruno.  It was there that I met La Vern Coffey of La Vern Coffey Designs who designs beautiful and fashion forward scarves.  The great thing about them? They can be worn a ton of different ways and are the perfect accessory to any outfit! Excited to rock mine at Miss NY in July :) 
Ladies Night Out Event 

After the longest day ever, my head finally hit the pillow at 12am! Oh boy, what an adventure!

Until next time
~Christina :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment